Watermelon Watercress Salad
1-2 bunches fresh watercress, washed and cut
1 bunch beets, washed and stems removed
1 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 -2 cups fresh sliced seedless watermelon
1-4 oz. log chev’re goat cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup fresh walnuts or pecans, toasted
To Assemble Salad:
1. In large platter with sides or large shallow bowl.
2. Arrange watercress on bottom of bowl.
3. Sprinkle with watermelon and beet slices
4. Top with cheese and toasted nuts
5. Drizzle with dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Wash beets and cut off stems
3. In small glass baking dish toss beets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Just enough to coat.
4. Roast for 45 min. or until soft.
5. Set aside to cool.
] 2 Meyer Lemons, juiced
1 tsp. raw local honey
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, stemmed & minced
1⁄2 cup extra virgin, organic olive oil
1⁄2 tsp (or so), salt & pepper, to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a medium size mason jar with lid.
2. Shake vigorously before use